At FCP Taphouse Ltd. (“King Taps”, “we”, “us”, “our”), we are committed to protecting your privacy and safeguarding your personal information.
We are proud to demonstrate our commitment to your privacy, by complying with the laws and regulations under applicable privacy laws in Canada – including the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act and the regulations thereunder as well as applicable provincial privacy legislation and regulations.
The purpose of this Privacy Statement is to inform you about the types of Personal Information we collect, use and disclose. It explains how we collect, use and disclose that information, the choices you have regarding such use and disclosure, and how you may access and correct that information.
From time to time, we may make changes to this Privacy Statement. The Privacy Statement is current as of the “last revised” date which appears at the top of this page. We will treat Personal Information (as defined below) in a manner consistent with the Privacy Statement under which it was collected, unless we have your consent to treat it differently. This Privacy Statement applies to any information we collect or receive about you, from any source.
- To which companies does this Privacy Statement apply?
This Privacy Statement applies to the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information by King Taps.
- What is Personal Information?
“Personal Information” is any information that is identifiable with you, as an individual. This information may include but is not limited to your name, mailing address, e-mail address, purchase history or credit card information. Personal Information, however, does not include any information that is solely used to communicate with you in relation to your employment, business or profession, such as your name, position name or title, work address, work telephone number, or work electronic address.
- How do we collect your Personal Information?
We will collect your Personal Information by fair and lawful means. We may collect Personal Information from you directly and/or from third parties, where we have obtained your consent to do so or as otherwise required or permitted by law.
- How do we use your Personal Information?
We identify the purposes for which we use your Personal Information at the time we collect such information from you and obtain your consent, in any case, prior to such use. We generally use your Personal Information for the following purposes (the “Purposes”):
- to process bookings and transactions at our restaurants;
- as part of contests and promotions;
- to respond to requests, complaints or inquiries;
- to collect opinions and comments in regard to King Tap’s operations;
- to administer specific functions of our website;
- to administer the physical security of our premises, including security video surveillance;
- to investigate legal matters;
- for such purposes, as you may otherwise consent from time to time; and
- as otherwise required or permitted by law.
- To whom do we provide your Personal Information?
We generally identify to whom, and for what purposes, we disclose your Personal Information, at the time we collect such information from you and obtain your consent to such disclosure.
We may transfer your Personal Information to third party service providers with whom we have a contractual agreement that includes appropriate privacy standards, where such third parties are assisting us with the Purposes.
- When and how do we obtain your consent?
We generally obtain your consent prior to collecting, and in any case, prior to using or disclosing your Personal Information for any purpose. You may provide your consent to us either orally, electronically or in writing. The form of consent that we seek, including whether it is express or implied, will largely depend on the sensitivity of the Personal Information and the reasonable expectations you might have in the circumstances.
- How do we ensure the privacy of your Personal Information when dealing with our affiliates and other third parties?
We all affiliates and other third parties that are engaged to perform services on our behalf and are provided with Personal Information are generally contractually required to observe the intent of this Privacy Statement and our privacy practices.
- How long will we retain your Personal Information?
We will utilize, disclose or retain your Personal Information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which that Personal Information was collected and as permitted or required by law.
- How can you review your Personal Information?
If you make a written request to review any Personal Information about you that we have collected, utilized or disclosed, we will provide you with any such Personal Information to the extent required by law. We will attempt to make such Personal Information available to you in a form that is generally understandable.
- How do you know that the Personal Information we have on you is accurate?
We will attempt to ensure that your Personal Information is kept as accurate, complete and up-to-date as possible. We will not routinely update your Personal Information, unless such a process is necessary. We expect you, from time to time, to supply us with written updates to your Personal Information, when required.
- What if the Personal Information we have on you is inaccurate?
At any time, you can challenge the accuracy or completeness of your Personal Information in our records. If you successfully demonstrate that your Personal Information in our records is inaccurate or incomplete, we will amend the Personal Information as required. Where appropriate, we will transmit the amended information to third parties having access to your Personal Information.
- How fast will we respond to your written requests?
We will attempt to respond to each of your written requests not later than thirty (30) days after receipt of such requests. We will advise you in writing if we cannot meet your requests within this time limit. You have the right to make a complaint to the Privacy Commissioner of Canada or applicable provincial privacy commissioner in respect of this time limit.
- Are there any costs to you for requesting information about your Personal Information or our privacy practices?
We will not charge any costs for you to access your Personal Information in our records without first providing you with an estimate of the approximate costs, if any.
- How do we know that it is really you requesting your Personal Information?
We may request that you provide sufficient identification to permit access to the existence, use or disclosure of your Personal Information. Any such identifying information shall be used only for this purpose.
- What safeguards have we implemented to protect your Personal Information?
We have implemented physical, organizational, contractual and technological security measures in an effort to protect your Personal Information from loss or theft, unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification. We have taken steps to ensure that only employees who are granted access to your Personal Information are those with a business ‘need-to-know’ or whose duties reasonably require such information.
- How do you contact us regarding access to your Personal Information or our privacy practices?
All comments, questions, concerns or complaints regarding your Personal Information or our privacy practices should be forwarded to our Privacy Officer as follows:
Attn: Privacy Officer
201-550 West Broadway
Vancouver, BC V5Z 1E9
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org